Caliente ~ Boy it’s HOT
Summer is here, and in most of the country, it’s hot! The All-Star game has come and gone, dog days are right around the corner, and if your air conditioner makes a funny noise, the hair stands up on the back of your neck. Now, we can’t help you if your air conditioner breaks, but we can try and put a smile on your face with a few tax quotes to start your day. Try and spot the summer references hidden inside — they might not be quite as easy to find as you think!
- “A dog who thinks he is man’s best friend is a dog who has obviously never met a tax lawyer.”
- “The United States will get a value added tax when conservatives realize that it is regressive, and liberals realize that it is a money machine.”
- “Baseball is a skilled game. It’s America’s game — it, and high taxes.”
- “Taxes are paid in the sweat of every man who labors. If those taxes are excessive, they are reflected in idle factories, tax-sold farms and in hordes of hungry people, tramping the streets and seeking jobs in vain.”
Franklin D. Roosevelt
- “Taxation with representation ain’t so hot either.”
- “The IRS spends God knows how much of your tax money on these toll-free information hot lines staffed by IRS employees, whose idea of a dynamite tax tip is that you should print neatly. If you ask them a real tax question, such as how you can cheat, they’re useless.”
- “Republicans believe every day is the Fourth of July, but Democrats believe every day is April 15.”
- “If [a United States Supreme Court Justice is] in the doghouse with the Chief [Justice], he gets the crud. He gets the tax cases.”
Not many of us are thinking about taxes after April 15. But the reality is, there’s never a bad time to stop wasting money on taxes you don’t have to pay. The sooner you start planning, the sooner you’ll rescue those dollars from your paycheck or quarterly estimates. So email us before the heat gets too high and see if we can bring you some cool relief!
Photo Credit: stevepb [Creative Commons CC0], via Creative Commons
Donna Bordeaux, CPA with Calculated Moves
Creativity and CPAs don’t generally go together. Most people think of CPAs as nerdy accountants who can’t talk with people. Well, it’s time to break that stereotype. Lively, friendly, and knowledgeable can be a part of your relationship with your CPA as demonstrated by Donna and Chad Bordeaux. They have over 50 years of combined experience as entrepreneurial CPAs. They’ve owned businesses and helped business owners exceed their wildest dreams. They have been able to help businesses earn many times more profit than the average business in the same industry and are passionate about helping industries that help families build great memories.